Cloaked

Iron Fisted Ruler
Staff member
2012. Is it going to be just another year or is something catastrophic going to happen?

I myself see something happening. The end of the World? No, but, I think something big and life changing is going to happen before 2012 is over.

Thoughts?

jokersarewild

Conservative/Liberal Beater
It's gonna be just another year. Things will change, but they can't necessarily be tied to the myth that the world will end that year. People will tie to the two together, sure, but big things will HAVE to happen that year, the way things are going in politics and our economy.

Here is my prediction:

*gazes into crystal ball*

Every time the President says we need to raise taxes on the Rich, or slash loopholes...the economy takes a dive.

Why is that, because the people who own Wall Street are the ones that will loose money..who gives a sh*t about the poor, the unemployed, and the ones that actually pay their fair share of taxes, and don't give me any sh*t that the rich pay more, they don't pay the amount they should, they have enough trust funds, tax shelters and off shore banks to make sure they don't!

If there is no revenue coming in, how the f*** do we pay for all the tax cut insanity?

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
Every time the President says we need to raise taxes on the Rich, or slash loopholes...the economy takes a dive.

Why is that, because the people who own Wall Street are the ones that will loose money..who gives a sh*t about the poor, the unemployed, and the ones that actually pay their fair share of taxes, and don't give me any sh*t that the rich pay more, they don't pay the amount they should, they have enough trust funds, tax shelters and off shore banks to make sure they don't!
The problem is 99% of the people who are hurt by raising taxes are regular business people, not the "filthy rich". These people don't have trust funds or money sitting in off shore accounts, these are normal Americans who work their ass off trying to forge out a decent living for them and their families. You do know small busniesses emply more people than big business right? The idea that only the "filthy rich" are hurt by tax increases is a myth.

The more you raid taxes the less jobs small businesses can maintain, but also remember that Obama's big job buddy was able to get his own monster company GE a free pass to not paying any taxes and instead got hundreds of millions of dollars in Government grants for helping Obama get elected.

If Obama and company want to point their finger at the "filthy rich" they can start with GE and then I will believe they mean what they say.

If there is no revenue coming in, how the f*** do we pay for all the tax cut insanity?
How about spending less?

We do things like spend millions to research aids spreading in other Countries, while it may sound like a nice idea to do these things we can't afford it. The Government is doing things it was never intended to do. America was never designed to be a welfare State. Those trying to turn it into a welfare state are tearing it apart.

Now, 2012, will continue as any other year with most people with their heads in the sand trying to pretend they can keep getting things for nothing. I don't know if there will be an uprising of the greedy masses to take by force what the Government will not give them but the stage is certainly set for just such actions especially in certain areas of the world.

snafu

Big Time BS'er
Here is my prediction:

*gazes into crystal ball*

The top .01% pay 90% of the taxes. They pay close to 35% of their income while over 40% of Americans pay nothing. Is that what you call fair? How much should the top .01% pay? 50% 60% how bout 90% that would be fair right?

Chopper

Big Time BS'er
It's not 2012 that we all need to worry about, it's 2022 by which time we will all be walking about in little /or big red kimono suits carrying the thoughts of Chairman Mao in his little red book, and desperately trying to learn mandarin so to please our new masters.
The old rulers of the world give way to the new rulers, always has been always will. I remember when the world map was covered in the pinky red colour of the British Empire, and yes we were twats to everyone in those days leading up to it. Maybe our/ and or your leaders should be doing something about it now before it is too late, or is it already?

jokersarewild

Conservative/Liberal Beater
The top .01% pay 90% of the taxes. They pay close to 35% of their income while over 40% of Americans pay nothing. Is that what you call fair? How much should the top .01% pay? 50% 60% how bout 90% that would be fair right?
35% of their income? You're loopy. There's a reason Warren Buffet is trying to get taxes raised on the rich. They can classify their income as some other form of income(can't remember the name of it) and pay 15% of it, instead of whatever it would normally be (probably closer to the 35% you quoted). Mind you, the top 1% hold 40% of our nations wealth or something along those lines (I think I'm paraphrasing). If your income is higher, you should pay more taxes. There's no reason I should pay 30% of my income to the government if a millionaire is paying 15%. THAT isn't fair. And yes, those assholes who don't pay taxes *cough*Congress*cough* should be made to pay taxes somehow. Or shot. I'm not really a humanitarian on economic issues where a fair chunk is screwing over a large portion of America.

Just found a statistic, btw: "Forty-nine percent of U.S. households paid no federal income tax at all." No wonder we have a deficit.

Also, the top 1% paid 38% of Federal Taxes last year, but that doesn't mean 38% of their income is taken.

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
Joker,

Where do people go to work? Do they work at a company that was built and paid for by the Government or from private money? Most workers are in the private sector even with the huge increase of Government workers Obama had and the question is how do you tax the reason people have a job?

Without the so called "Rich" there are no factories, no shopping malls, no warehouses, no jobs for people to go and earn a living. In all honesty it is impossible to tax most rich people because all they do is pass those taxes down the chain to their companies and raise prices to balance out the new taxes the Government imposes on them. They simply see taxes as a cost of doing business and add that cost to their bottom line.

Then there is the bottom of the pile as the statistic you posted says where half of all Americans pay no taxes at all and what about the grey area of people who do pay taxes but take back so much in Government services that they took away more than they paid in? I would go so far as to say that the true number is closer to 60% of all Americans pay nothing or not enough to cover what they take out. All Americans should pay something, you live here, you use at least small portions of Government, you should help pay for it.

This is why a consumption tax would work the best, even drug dealers would be paying taxes. Just imagine how much money the Government would save bu eliminating the IRS?