Bloody Hell, is this place dying ?

Chopper

Big Time BS'er
I used to pop in now and again when not leading the Suckage just to see what was going on in other interesting forums, but the rot seems to have set in here, so I shall endeavour to get the blood pumping round BS's veins once more, unless the old heart is beyond redemption already. Anyone else up for it / and or a sexual relationship over the airwaves ?

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
Well my own contributions were always under attack and I am pretty stubborn but even I had to accept that IWS and Phreakwars were never going to let me be me so I just stopped posting.

Sure, a lot of what I said was meant to get people worked up, but when it was allowed by management to attack me as a person and ignore topics on every thread in the forum I felt it was time to let it go.

I still debate on a few forums because lively debate where you are challenged to really dig and produce good material for your possitions is a real thrill for me. I can do the whole insult war too if I have to but I am just too tired for that mess anymore and that is all that was available here with IWS and Phreakwars running things.

I wish this place luck though, I love to see everyone do well.

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
Sure bloody has but like the CB radio it can be revived.
I for one would get involved again if there was moderation on the forum. When the masses were allowed to ignore topics and instead flame for sport in every thread on the forum it drove away anyone really interested in adult discussion. After awile all that remained was the few who liked the train wreck.

Believe it or not, you can have spirited debate without the personal attacks, you just have to want that.

Cloaked

Iron Fisted Ruler
Staff member
I'm the only staff left standing is me and you can bet I will not get involved in any good debates as long as they don't include name calling and belittling others.

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
"No other moderators? "

What is better, no moderators or the only ones you have are instigating crap as the old ones did? It was cloaked fault too, I tried to go to him and get things fixed but he told me himself his mods were allowed to do anything they wanted without question so that is why people stopped debating. All we had were free for all fights and even if I am good at them, that does not mean it was any fun.

I would love for this site to one day be about real debating but that has not been the case for most of it's existence.

wez

Big Time BS
"No other moderators? "

What is better, no moderators or the only ones you have are instigating crap as the old ones did? It was cloaked fault too, I tried to go to him and get things fixed but he told me himself his mods were allowed to do anything they wanted without question so that is why people stopped debating. All we had were free for all fights and even if I am good at them, that does not mean it was any fun.

I would love for this site to one day be about real debating but that has not been the case for most of it's existence.
I think people stopped debating because some people have no sense of humor and tend to want to make everything personal to gain some perceived illusion of superiority the second someone voices a different perspective and opinion..

Then they tend cry continuously, lay blame, demand punishment and repeat illusions of victimization over and over to avoid taking personal responsibility for their actions cuz they don't like the taste of their own medicine..

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
I think people stopped debating because some people have no sense of humor and tend to want to make everything personal to gain some perceived illusion of superiority the second someone voices a different perspective and opinion..

Then they tend cry continuously, lay blame, demand punishment and repeat illusions of victimization over and over to avoid taking personal responsibility for their actions cuz they don't like the taste of their own medicine..

Exactly, so when you did all of that if we had some moderation on the forum to stop you the site would have been just fine.

In those early days there were a lot of good debates going on then out of nowhere you would drop a bomb that either had nothing to do with the topic being discussed or you were just intentionally saying crazy crap to get people upset but either way you were not conducive to intelligent discussion. You had been removed from several other communities before ending up here for the exact same reason Wez. The leadership at the time thought you added spice but they failed to see you were slowly moving the discussions away from logical and intelligent debate and moving it to arguments and personal attacks Wez.

I still remember the turning point on this forum like it was yesterday, you went on a tirade calling all military murderers, mindless brainwashed killers of the innocent. When me and a couple other people tried to pin you down and get you to see that not all solders are what you try to paint them to be you started calling us names and disrupting the discussions with off topic garbage and flames. I told IWS then that you needed to be dealt with but he liked the arguing and it filled the forum with a lot of posts so I guess activity based on the attacks was his desire but one post at a time those that were here wanting to have real debates either followed you to the gutter or gave up. I admit, I joined in too, at the start I wanted to try and show IWS that this all out attacking is what he gets for his decisions to turn a blind eye to your games but it had the opposite effect from what I intended, IWS loved it and joined in on the fighting.

I was at fault too, I joint in because I saw it as a different kind of challenge, this site became all about flames and how inventive you could insert the insults so I practiced that and watched as the few idiots who were wanting to try and beat me at the word game foundered and failed, each getting more and more pissed off at their inability to keep up. They wanted the mess but at the same time could not compete in the mess they created so they got pissed. But all that, all the crazy crap was started by you Wez.

Sure you can cry about how we were bullies and such but it was you spouting pure garbage like calling all soldiers brainwashed murderers Wez, not us. That kind of commentary is simply unacceptable on a forum where you want to see good debates. That said I have watched you add some pretty good material to a debate, times where I was wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt and include you in the discussions but a couple posts later you would go on the attack, flame me or someone else and make a crazy comment and go back to idiot status. I don't know if you did that on purpose or if you are just disturbed but your involvement in every debate was disruptive and antagonistic.

So if the same old Wez sticks around this site will stay a failure, if a more responsible and less antognistic wez is here then it will stand a chance to grow again. I for one will not stay if your usual disruptive style is allowed to continue, even your post here is the same old Wez always trying to start a fight. This will be my only post on that line if you come back with the usual flames, I said my point and it will be up to Cloaked to decide if he wants this forum to have a future or he will ensure it's demise by allowing you to continue to keep this site down.

wez

Big Time BS
Exactly, so when you did all of that if we had some moderation on the forum to stop you the site would have been just fine.

In those early days there were a lot of good debates going on then out of nowhere you would drop a bomb that either had nothing to do with the topic being discussed or you were just intentionally saying crazy crap to get people upset but either way you were not conducive to intelligent discussion. You had been removed from several other communities before ending up here for the exact same reason Wez. The leadership at the time thought you added spice but they failed to see you were slowly moving the discussions away from logical and intelligent debate and moving it to arguments and personal attacks Wez.

I still remember the turning point on this forum like it was yesterday, you went on a tirade calling all military murderers, mindless brainwashed killers of the innocent. When me and a couple other people tried to pin you down and get you to see that not all solders are what you try to paint them to be you started calling us names and disrupting the discussions with off topic garbage and flames. I told IWS then that you needed to be dealt with but he liked the arguing and it filled the forum with a lot of posts so I guess activity based on the attacks was his desire but one post at a time those that were here wanting to have real debates either followed you to the gutter or gave up. I admit, I joined in too, at the start I wanted to try and show IWS that this all out attacking is what he gets for his decisions to turn a blind eye to your games but it had the opposite effect from what I intended, IWS loved it and joined in on the fighting.

I was at fault too, I joint in because I saw it as a different kind of challenge, this site became all about flames and how inventive you could insert the insults so I practiced that and watched as the few idiots who were wanting to try and beat me at the word game foundered and failed, each getting more and more pissed off at their inability to keep up. They wanted the mess but at the same time could not compete in the mess they created so they got pissed. But all that, all the crazy crap was started by you Wez.

Sure you can cry about how we were bullies and such but it was you spouting pure garbage like calling all soldiers brainwashed murderers Wez, not us. That kind of commentary is simply unacceptable on a forum where you want to see good debates. That said I have watched you add some pretty good material to a debate, times where I was wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt and include you in the discussions but a couple posts later you would go on the attack, flame me or someone else and make a crazy comment and go back to idiot status. I don't know if you did that on purpose or if you are just disturbed but your involvement in every debate was disruptive and antagonistic.

So if the same old Wez sticks around this site will stay a failure, if a more responsible and less antognistic wez is here then it will stand a chance to grow again. I for one will not stay if your usual disruptive style is allowed to continue, even your post here is the same old Wez always trying to start a fight. This will be my only post on that line if you come back with the usual flames, I said my point and it will be up to Cloaked to decide if he wants this forum to have a future or he will ensure it's demise by allowing you to continue to keep this site down.

I rest my case.. "debate" over.

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
And that is why Cloaked must decide if you trying to pick fights even at the door of him trying to breath new life into the forum is worth it. I know I am not going to tolerate a guy like you to stay here Wez. Right here you are doing what you have always done but do we see you offering new threads and discussions? No, all you do it try and pick fights and belittle other people. If you had been dealt with from the start this site would have been one of the biggest debating forums on the net, but sadly we are stuck at the bottom because we have had you tied around our necks bringing us down.

wez

Big Time BS
And that is why Cloaked must decide if you trying to pick fights even at the door of him trying to breath new life into the forum is worth it. I know I am not going to tolerate a guy like you to stay here Wez. Right here you are doing what you have always done but do we see you offering new threads and discussions? No, all you do it try and pick fights and belittle other people. If you had been dealt with from the start this site would have been one of the biggest debating forums on the net, but sadly we are stuck at the bottom because we have had you tied around our necks bringing us down.
hahahahahahaha....

yeah.. you're right TJ.. you're always right.. or else

So... in conclusion.. you're right. See ya.

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
And there you go, it is all about the fighting with you, you thrive on it and at one time I had a bit of fun doing it as well but I am too old for this childish game of yours Wez. This, stuff you do kills any possibility of honest debate. I honestly do not understand why you do it, all I know is I see you doing it and just shake my head. You win Wez, I admit your idocy is too much for me and I can't put up with it. It seems you would rather this place be dead than to not feed your need to attack me.

wez

Big Time BS
And there you go, it is all about the fighting with you, you thrive on it and at one time I had a bit of fun doing it as well but I am too old for this childish game of yours Wez. This, stuff you do kills any possibility of honest debate. I honestly do not understand why you do it, all I know is I see you doing it and just shake my head. You win Wez, I admit your idocy is too much for me and I can't put up with it. It seems you would rather this place be dead than to not feed your need to attack me.
I thought you were leaving?

timesjoke

Progressive Killer
And that is all you want right, drive pwoplw away, no desire to even try to be decent, just feeding on your old hate like a baby on the teet.

wez

Big Time BS
And that is all you want right, drive pwoplw away, no desire to even try to be decent, just feeding on your old hate like a baby on the teet.
Right again.. you're on a roll.. don't stop now.. we'll have the meaning of life figured out in no time..

Chopper

Big Time BS'er
Hey one or two are back and a bit of vitriol is being passed back and forth, so maybe it's a start.
I actually think some peoples take debating on the interweb too seriously and personally, after all "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me" ( that in itself should be a cause for a debate ).
Anyway good to see a bit more activity, keep up the good work.