Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

An interestiing poll

Administering the BS
The website TOPIX is mainly a right wing love fest of ignorant people spewing garbage, but something that I found interesting recently, was the results of this poll:

http://www.topix.com...ue/gay-marriage

Considering the radioactive high number of right winger extremist who make up TOPIX, It's interesting where the deeper pink colors in the poll are coming from, and the number of pro .vs against comments.

Anomaly?

Last edited by a moderator:

IWS

Super Moderator
Looks like it's just you and me in Columbus, so far. Assuming you were for not opposed.

Big Time BS'er
I an guessing some gay group somewhere is asking people to cast their vote or that gays are more likely to click on that topic. I have always looked at Topix as having an even mix of liberals and conservatives.

Administering the BS
I just looked at the poll again.

Today the score was 14,000+ FOR and just over 10,000 against, now all of a sudden almost 4,000 FOR votes are missing.

Hmm, I bet ya one of the right wingers in control of the boards is behind this. TOPIX voters tend to lean right, yet in this poll they didn't... now all of a sudden, votes are missing.

Big Time BS'er
I?m wavering on my opinion on the subject. Although I still believe marriage is intended for a man and a women I find myself accepting it more. I do however think they should put something into the bill giving the rights to church to not perform this marriage. I don?t understand why it can?t be just a union between two people and why they must infringe on the sanctity of marriage.

PS: I wouldn't have bothered to vote if it weren't for this thread. Good poing hugo.

Big Time BS'er

Today the score was 14,000+ FOR and just over 10,000 against, now all of a sudden almost 4,000 FOR votes are missing.

Hmm, I bet ya one of the right wingers in control of the boards is behind this. TOPIX voters tend to lean right, yet in this poll they didn't... now all of a sudden, votes are missing.

Hm, today the FOR number is even lower at 10,215 while the AGAINST keeps growing. Weird...or is it?

Administering the BS

Hm, today the FOR number is even lower at 10,215 while the AGAINST keeps growing. Weird...or is it?
Nope, we witnessed poll tampering. We all saw the initial poll results when I started the topic. It was well over 13,000+ FOR and just under 10,000 against. Someone didn't like those results, perhaps because it tells a tale that might be a more accurate assessment of how American's feel about gay marriage, so they changed the poll number results.

I wonder if others on the Internet who read Topix, have noticed this as well.

IWS

Super Moderator

Nope, we witnessed poll tampering. We all saw the initial poll results when I started the topic. It was well over 13,000+ FOR and just under 10,000 against. Someone didn't like those results, perhaps because it tells a tale that might be a more accurate assessment of how American's feel about gay marriage, so they changed the poll number results.

I wonder if others on the Internet who read Topix, have noticed this as well.

I agree there was tampering here, but this is far from a scientific poll and isn't likely to show accurately anything, let alone how American's feel on gay marriage.

Big Time BS'er
I agree there was tampering here, but this is far from a scientific poll and isn't likely to show accurately anything, let alone how American's feel on gay marriage.
It is so scientific!! That poll represents every single American in the country! Just like those Obama approval polls (which I've never been asked about or voted on.) They are 100% legitimate, unbiased and FACT! If it's on the internet, it must be true.

Administering the BS
This is why the only polls I trust, are the election booths. But even those are iffy at times.

Big Time BS'er
Professional pollsters are highly accurate, particularly when you average three or four of them. Obama's approval rating is low but not near as low as Congress ratings. It is a bad time to be a politician. I still think Obama will be tough to beat in 2012.

Big Time BS'er
Professional pollsters are highly accurate, particularly when you average three or four of them. Obama's approval rating is low but not near as low as Congress ratings. It is a bad time to be a politician. I still think Obama will be tough to beat in 2012.
I think it's gonna be a landslide.

Big Time BS'er
I think it's gonna be a landslide.
In Obama's favor;)