Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

Dem. Congressman Thinks Guam May Tip Over

IWS

Super Moderator
Democrat Rep. Hank Johnson worries loading too many people onto Guam could capsize the islandApril 1, 2010 | 3:22 am

First, before you watch this short but remarkable video, a little background on Democratic Rep. Hank Johnson.

He's from Georgia's Fourth District. A Washington, D.C. native, he's the fellow who took office in 2007 after knocking off former five-term Democratic Rep. Cynthia McKinney.

A former county judge, the 55-year-old is an attorney, a standard liberal Democrat, receiving 100 ratings from the ADA and ACLU.

In this House Armed Services Committee hearing last Friday (no, it wasn't April Fool's Day), Johnson was questioning Admiral Robert Willard, head of the U.S. Pacific fleet, about the stationing of 5,000 additional U.S. Marines and their families on the western Pacific island of Guam, a 212-square-mile American territory that is 30 miles long and from four to 12 miles wide.

President Obama will visit there this summer.

Of course, since Johnson is one of 535 members of the United States Congress, everything he says is important. But pay particular attention to the congressman's comments starting at the 1:16 mark and the pregnant pause after his stated concern and hand gestures.

Followed by the admiral's admirably measured military response.

Also, remember you are paying Congressman Johnson's salary this year -- $174,000.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/03/hank-johnson-guam-.html

RO. RaE. What kind of people are you guys sending to Congress? :lol:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2010/04/01/msnbc-not-interested-dem-congressman-who-worries-about-guam-tipping-

I Am Not the Fine Man You Take Me For
Hank Johnson defeated that moonbat Cynthia McKinney for Georgia's 4th Congressional District... which says a lot for the constituency. I live in the 9th District, but my business is inside the 4th. I pray for errant bolts of lightning almost every day.

Johnson makes $175K a year doing the congress gig, could you imagine someone paying him a fraction of that in the private sector? Jesus.

Hmmmmm.... I wonder if Johnson meant the decommissioned USS Guam.

Last edited by a moderator:

IWS

Super Moderator
Newly obtained a copy of the diagram that Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) had with him when he told Admiral Robert Willard, the commander of the U.S. Pacific Command, that he feared Guam might “tip over and capsize” if more military personnel were located on the little island. The diagram was given to us by … uhm, let’s just say we can’t reveal our source.

Guam_by_Hank_Johnson.GIF

I Am Not the Fine Man You Take Me For
Newly obtained a copy of the diagram that Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) had with him when he told Admiral Robert Willard, the commander of the U.S. Pacific Command, that he feared Guam might “tip over and capsize” if more military personnel were located on the little island. The diagram was given to us by … uhm, let’s just say we can’t reveal our source.

Guam_by_Hank_Johnson.GIF
Hank Johnson is still not convinced to the contrary. I heard today that he is writing a bill to provide outriggers for the island of Guam and other small islands in danger of capsizing.