Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

Screw the homeless

Big Time BS
We got there because 1% of the population believe in actually using birth control. We got there because welfare benefits only require that you keep popping out children. There seems to be no accountability. We are afraid to speak up about the truth for fear of hurting people's feelings. Our priorities are screwed up. So many children being brought up in daycares. Companies are given tax breaks to hire welfare recipients in my state Mass, then in alot of cases these recipients still receive free healthcare and daycare. Why not really go after the dad's who are out partying and not paying. Something needs to change drastically or there will be financial disaster in this country. Do the right thing seems to have gone out the window.

To answer your ? Hugo. This country is still in denial that there are so many homeless people. We are so worried about lawsuits, and codes that the truly needy fall through the cracks. I cannot tell you how many times (all over the country) I have seen people who truly don't need welfare receive it. I couldn't live with myself. To sum it all up: Things that should be regulated are not. Things that should'nt be regulated are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Progressive Killer
I loved this part:

"Feeding people on the street is not hygienic, it's not sanitary, it's not good for their health."
I wonder if she feels starving is good for your health?

I am on the fence about some of the homeless issues. Many are truly disturbed but not bad enough to be a threat to society so the local community does not provide them mental services. Many others are depressed and homeless because they want to be homeless and who are we to tell someone else they can't be homeless?

One thing is certain, most of these people must have family somewhere and why are they not taking care of them?

I hate all of Government welfare, I don't believe our Governments should be trying to blindly throw money at people who ask for it. I believe all welfare should be handled by each person's family first, then their friends, then their churches and community they live in. If the person is truly needy, people who know them will help them, and if they are just lazy, then their friends and comunity will know that too and not throw money away on them. Many years ago when someone got too old to work they moved in with one of their children. The old people watched the grandchildren in many cases while both parents worked the fields and such. We should be going back to that method. If someone in my family or a close friend needed help they would be welcome to live with me, I would help them get back on their feet, but I would not buy them a home and make monthly payments for them.

Quick comment on the dead beat dads point you made atlantic:

Yes, there are a lot of dead beat dads, but not as many as some think. Did you know it is estimated that about 33% of all men paying child support are not the real father of the children they are paying for? Almost all States refuse to let men off the hook for child support even if they can show DNA evidence proving they are not the father.

Big Time BS
A way around this could be maybe to invite them over to her place for a cookout ;)

Times that is a disturbing fact. I think birth control should be free period. Then maybe there would be alot less unwanted pregnancies by abusers, drug addicts, irresponsible types.

Progressive Killer
Times that is a disturbing fact. I think birth control should be free period. Then maybe there would be alot less unwanted pregnancies by abusers, drug addicts, irresponsible types.
Most States do have some sort of free birth control system, here in Florida they used to give away free condoms but it has been awile and I am not sure if they still do. It is not like they are that expensive though. Consider that I have rarely seen a person on welfare without a cellphone, they have money to party and buy these little extras, they can certainly afford things like condoms if they "want" to use condoms.

I believe we have eliminated the negative view of being a single monther from society to the point that people just don't care anymore. The fastest growing segment of American and European society is the never wed mother of two.......

Why?

Big Time BS
Most States do have some sort of free birth control system, here in Florida they used to give away free condoms but it has been awile and I am not sure if they still do. It is not like they are that expensive though. Consider that I have rarely seen a person on welfare without a cellphone, they have money to party and buy these little extras, they can certainly afford things like condoms if they "want" to use condoms.

I believe we have eliminated the negative view of being a single monther from society to the point that people just don't care anymore. The fastest growing segment of American and European society is the never wed mother of two.......

Why?
Excellent point!!!!! I will say, I admired the Mormon's I met in Az. They were totally dedicated to their families. It was nice to see.

Progressive Killer
Excellent point!!!!! I will say, I admired the Mormon's I met in Az. They were totally dedicated to their families. It was nice to see.
And what else are the Mormans dedicated to?

Their faith in God.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to Bible thump or say it is impossible to have good morals without Faith but it is also pretty easy to see that as more and more people pull away from God, the less moral values we have in our communities. The Atheists are winning their battle to kill religion a small step at a time and my only real issue with it is at the same time they are not providing any structure or guidance to go with it. Our communities are tearing themselves apart and have no direction or desire to be good.

Selfishness and irresponsibility has become the new gods for much of the "modern" population.

It is very possible that man has outgrown the ability to believe in God the way he used to, but I hope man finds another compelling reason for morals before we implode.

Big Time BS
And what else are the Mormans dedicated to?

Their faith in God.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to Bible thump or say it is impossible to have good morals without Faith but it is also pretty easy to see that as more and more people pull away from God, the less moral values we have in our communities. The Atheists are winning their battle to kill religion a small step at a time and my only real issue with it is at the same time they are not providing any structure or guidance to go with it. Our communities are tearing themselves apart and have no direction or desire to be good.

Selfishness and irresponsibility has become the new gods for much of the "modern" population.

It is very possible that man has outgrown the ability to believe in God the way he used to, but I hope man finds another compelling reason for morals before we implode.
You are 100% correct Times. Having met the mormon's I met strengthened my belief in god and reminded me I had drifted away a little. That was the best part of moving to Arizona for me. I knew people in Az who constantly put down the Mormon religion, and those same people cheated on their spouses, lied to everyone they knew to get their way, and put their kids last imo, yet they claim to be christian. I don't miss that at all.

Progressive Killer
You are 100% correct Times. Having met the mormon's I met strengthened my belief in god and reminded me I had drifted away a little. That was the best part of moving to Arizona for me. I knew people in Az who constantly put down the Mormon religion, and those same people cheated on their spouses, lied to everyone they knew to get their way, and put their kids last imo, yet they claim to be christian. I don't miss that at all.
I have a saying, "God made man, man made the many religions in his futile attempt to understand and worship God".

Faith comes from within, you can sit in a church for 20 years and never feel faith, never have any connection with God. No specific religion is "right" and while my own faith leans to Christian principles, I am not dragged down into any man's created religion blindly. I listen to my heart and soul to tell me what is right and wrong and stay as true to that as my own weakness allows. One thing I tell people is having faith does not make anyone perfect, we are still the same human beings we were before we had faith and we are subject to the same temptations and weakness as everyone else is subject to, all we did was add a different perspective to how we view our actions and behaviors in the world to allow a bigger picture in our hearts and minds.