Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

1 month

Big Time BS'er
Chi, I would be very glad to take care of that, but we were talking from the point of view of society and government with laws and procedures, not street justice.And I bet even many families would not be able to do those kinds of things even to a monster who attacked a loved one. For the same reasons I already offered to emkay, it is a lot harder to hurt a human being than you might think.
Your opinion. And only because that is not the norm nowadays. Maybe it should be. It would certainly deter a lot of these cowards from doing some of these things to others and the innocent/weak. If one family member was unwilling there is always another who would or even a volunteer I am sure.
As I said before, I agree on the deterrent aspect, all I was trying to say is normal people would not find chopping off limbs to be easy to do without the emotional tie one would have as a family member or something, and even then many family members have been very vocal in the past in not wanting the killers killed for their act.

Yes, that is my opinion, but based on some real life examples, for example:

While working as a prison investigator we had a case where an officer working in a tower saw an inmate escaping through the fence. This is a max prison where all the inmates are really hard criminals with lots of time so an escaping inmate represents massive danger to the public. Tower officers are armed with AR15's and 12 gauge shotguns and are instructed to shoot any inmate where it is clear he will escape if not shot. The woman tried to do her duty, she pointed her weapon and shouted warnings to the inmate, but she could not pull the trigger. Lucky for the institution they had a roving patrol who came along and the inmate was stopped but if not for that other officer, the inmate would have escaped because the officer could not pull the trigger.

We can talk big and bad all we want, we can play the part of someone who talks big about what we will do when the time comes, but many times people find out that once they are thrust into that situation their bravado and words don't pull that trigger or flip that switch, or even swing that axe. I know better than most how it feels to be responsible for taking a life, and even though I did so to defend my own life, it is still a very heavy weight I will carry with me for all of my days.
Let's add prison investigator to the long list of TJ expertise and personal experience. So who'd you kill, TJ? During time of war?
I mentioned my time working for prisons a long, long time ago Chi.

Instead of attacking the person, how about reading and trying to understand the words offered because if you can start doign that you might find our that we would agree on more, you just said you afree to what eddo said about illegals and I had said the same words long before eddo and you said you did not agree, all because someone else said the words.

Most of the time you dissagree with em without ever reading one word I wrote.
Eddo said it a little differently, more concise (I don't like reading boring, repetitive novels), respectful, not so biased, I know things about him which helps me judge his character and intentions more.

IWS

Super Moderator
There's a reason the executioner wore a hood/mask. Anonymity.

With anonymity, I could do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Progressive Killer
Eddo said it a little differently, more concise (I don't like reading boring, repetitive novels), respectful, not so biased, I know things about him which helps me judge his character and intentions more.
And yet he said the exact same things I said, if I repeated it that was because you failed to read and understand it the first time.

I am just pointing out that you find fault because it is me, if the same things were said by eddo (as in this case) you have a completely different reaction to it.

This may be about character, but not eddo's character, it is about your character to have knee-jerk negative reactions to anything I say instead of givign me the chance to actually read it, so much strife could be avoided if you actually took the time to read my posts instead of assuming you already know what I was going to say.

On this topic all I was trying to point out is it is harder to hurt fellow humans than you might thing, but even with this small point your insulting me and calling me a liar about my job experiences all in one. Why can't you just let your thing for me go and let's try to get along for a change?