Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

Give me quotes or give me death!

Progressive Killer
?Man's basic vice, the source of all his evils, is the act of unfocusing his mind, the suspension of his consciousness, which is not blindness, but the refusal to see, not ignorance, but the refusal to know.'' - Ayn Rand

"Few men think, yet all will have opinions." - George Berkeley

?Society?s demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.? - John Adams

wez

Big Time BS
Don't you eyeball me boy! You think what the army tells you to think without question! You are not an individual anymore! ~ Some angry, red faced, screaming drill sargent

I'm an individual human being and that's all there is in the world, I'll do my own thinking and questioning, thank you. ~ wez

A country, army, company, organization is not an individual human being and there is no safety in numbers, unless you are a prairie dog. ~ wez

Progressive Killer
"When eating a fruit, think of the person who planted the tree." - Vietnamese saying

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others." - Marcus Tullius

"If you don't appreciate it, you don't deserve it." - Terry Josephson

wez

Big Time BS
Judge them by their fruit ~ Jesus

"Where was America when Russia was trying to take over the world? Did we mind our own business and let them do what they wanted or did we take action and stop it with all the world benefitting from our actions?" ~ TJ

"How dare the world not appreciate our "good works" ~ Wez being sarcastic

Progressive Killer
I never said that and request you remove that garbage, this is supposed to be direct quotes, not your personal attack pages.

Edit

That is still not a direct quote.

Edit again

The part after my quote is still not a quote, also, making up stuff and putting it down as your personal quotes is also kind of not the point of this kind of thread as well.

wez

Big Time BS
timesjoke said:
I never said that and request you remove that garbage, this is supposed to be direct quotes, not your personal attack pages.
Better? Quit putting words in my mouth if you don't like it..

Now it is...

wez

Big Time BS
timesjoke said:
I never said that and request you remove that garbage, this is supposed to be direct quotes, not your personal attack pages.Edit

That is still not a direct quote.

Edit again

The part after my quote is still not a quote, also, making up stuff and putting it down as your personal quotes is also kind of not the point of this kind of thread as well.
Hahahahaha... I said it, it is a direct quote. And if you don't like it, start your own quote post with the rules you desire.. Off topic bs is the catagory, quotes are the name of the game, I can make up, say and credit myself with anything I damn well please. Did I misquote you? I cut and pasted it...

Progressive Killer
?We talk on principle but we act on interest.?? - William Savage Landor

wez

Big Time BS
"I'm only interested in the truth" ~ wez

"For every force acting on an object, the object will exert an equal, yet opposite, force on its cause." ~ Newton's third law of motion

wez

Big Time BS
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you ~ Jesus

Hmmmmmmm.. Wonder what He meant and what context he meant that in? I better go back in time and have my parents take me to church before I'm old enough to speak so I don't misinterperate it.. It doesn't allow for me to mistreat others due to complex political reasons...

Big Time BS'er
wez said:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you ~ JesusHmmmmmmm.. Wonder what He meant and what context he meant that in? I better go back in time and have my parents take me to church before I'm old enough to speak so I don't misinterperate it.. It doesn't allow for me to mistreat others due to complex political reasons...
“While the laughter of joy is in full harmony with our deeper life, the laughter of amusement should be kept apart from it. The danger is too great of thus learning to look at solemn things in a spirit of mockery, and to seek in them opportunities for exercising wit.”

- Lewis Carol

:rolleyes:

wez

Big Time BS
The only stable state is the one in which all men are equal before the law. ~ Aristotle

As men, we are all equal in the presence of death. ~Publilius Syrus

In America everybody is of opinion that he has no social superiors, since all men are equal, but he does not admit that he has no social inferiors, for, from the time of Jefferson onward, the doctrine that all men are equal applies only upwards, not downwards. ~Bertrand Russell

An earthquake achieves what the law promises but does not in practice maintain - the equality of all men. ~Ignazio Silone

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. ~Italian Proverb

We didn't all come over on the same ship, but we're all in the same boat. ~Bernard M. Baruch

All the people like us are We, And everyone else is They.~Rudyard Kipling

While there is a lower class I am in it, while there is a criminal element I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. ~Eugene V. Debs

The tears of the red, yellow, black, brown and white man are all the same. ~Martin H. Fischer

There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust, while the infamous sit at banquets. ~Robert Ingersoll

Who sees all beings in his own Self, and his own Self in all beings, loses all fear. ~Isa Upanishad

wez

Big Time BS
"Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” ~ Coretta Scott King

“We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” ~ Johnathan Swift

“You cannot hate other people without hating your self” ~ Oprah

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

“A true man hates no one.” ~ Napolean

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us” ~ Hermann Hesse

“A child understands fear and the hurt and hate it brings.” ~ Epictatus

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ~ Anne Lamott

Big Time BS'er
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson

God Bless our Troops and God Bless America.

wez

Big Time BS
An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

All warfare is based on deception.~ Sun Tzu

A lot of wonderful people love their country and hate the military. ~ Bill Clinton

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Either war is obsolete or men are.~ R. Buckminster Fuller

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~ Albert Einstein

I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in. ~ George McGovern

Kings had always been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object. ~ Abraham Lincoln

Man is the only animal that deals in that atrocity of atrocities, War. He is the only one that gathers his brethren about him and goes forth in cold blood and calm pulse to exterminate his kind. He is the only animal that for sordid wages will march out and help to slaughter strangers of his own species who have done him no harm and with whom he has no quarrel . . . And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for "the universal brotherhood of man" - with his mouth.~ Mark Twain

Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.~ John F. Kennedy

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth.~ Adolf Hitler

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. ~ Isaac Asimov

"War is Peace" "Freedom is Slavery" "Ignorance is Strength." ~ George Orwell

When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war. War settles nothing. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

When war is declared, Truth is the first casualty. ~ Arthur Ponsonby

Come you masters of war

You that build all the guns

You that build the death planes

You that build the big bombs

You that hide behind walls

You that hide behind desks

I just want you to know I can see through your masks.~ Bob Dylan

I ain't got no quarrel with the Vietcong. ~ Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay)

I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves. ~ John Wayne

I have seen enough of one war never to wish to see another. ~ Thomas Jefferson

God bless every individual under the Sun.

Always forgiven

Progressive Killer
"Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere." - G.K. Chesterton

Big Time BS'er
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

-- George Washington

Big Time BS'er
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.

Milton Friedman (1912 - 2006)