Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

Dear timesjoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

wez

Big Time BS
Do you equate sinner with hypocrite? Are those two words the same? Did Jesus use them interchangebly or did each have a specific and seperate meaning?

All Hypocrites, are sinners.

All sinners, are not hypocrites.

If I break into your house and steal from you, I have committed sin but not hypocrisy. Correct?

What does the bible say will happen to those who practice hypocrisy, which is what construes a hypocrite?

Job 13:16 He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.Job 8:13 So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall perish:

Job 36:13 But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

..and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 24:51)

The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:41-42)
Are we all hypocrites Aery? Eddo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Time BS'er
snafu said:
Jesus didn?t have a debate chat forum to break all of the idiosyncrasies of a hypocrite down to his listeners but think Aery explained which hypocrite Jesus was talking about.
wez said:
Where did Jesus ever talk about different kinds of hypocrites? Good hypocrites and bad hypocrites? Could someone point out those passages to me?
Listen up wez. I just said he did not break down the different idiosyncrasies. Did not. You're tring to make an agrument when there isn't one.

wez

Big Time BS
snafu said:
Listen up wez. I just said he did not break down the different idiosyncrasies. Did not. You're tring to make an agrument when there isn't one.
That's because a hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite. The argument is whether or not we are all hypocrites and will be weeping and gnashing our teeth as eddo and Aery said.

Are we, or are we not all hypocrites, except for Jesus?

If you say we are, as you already did, then the bible is quite specific of our fate. Is it not?

Big Time BS
Wez, have you ever heard the expression, 'If you can't grasp this concept then there is nothing I can do to help you?'

;)

It seems fitting.

wez

Big Time BS
Phantom said:
Wez, have you ever heard the expression, 'If you can't grasp this concept then there is nothing I can do to help you?';)

It seems fitting.
Did you read anything I asked? Why can't you answer and clarify it for me in your words? You've studied the bible much more than I.. Why do you insult me and clarify nothing?

I can grasp and understand anything..

Big Time BS'er
wez said:
That's because a hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite. The argument is whether or not we are all hypocrites and will be weeping and gnashing our teeth as eddo and Aery said. Are we, or are we not all hypocrites, except for Jesus?

If you say we are, as you already did, then the bible is quite specific of our fate. Is it not?
Yes we are all hypocrites.

Have you ever flipped someone for cutting you off in traffic. But the next day your in a hurry to get to work and you do the same thing. It dosn't have to be this scenorio but you should be able to get the jest of it.

Big Time BS
I'm not insulting you, Hon. What I am doing is actually very Biblical. When it comes to pedantic questions, we are given the Biblical reason why this happens and are told to walk away. No insult to you whatsoever. You're my buddy. :)

You really need to watch the video when you get a chance. It ties into what I said before about 'not knowing the Father nor I' and what makes the difference.

wez

Big Time BS
Apparently you missed these... Your only comment was an indication that I am not as capable as you as understanding what is written.. yet you refuse to explain it?

Do you equate sinner with hypocrite? Are those two words the same? Did Jesus use them interchangebly or did each have a specific and seperate meaning?

All Hypocrites, are sinners.

All sinners, are not hypocrites.

If I break into your house and steal from you, I have committed sin but not hypocrisy. Correct?

What does the bible say will happen to those who practice hypocrisy, which is what construes a hypocrite?

Job 13:16 He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.Job 8:13 So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall perish:

Job 36:13 But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

Isaiah 33:14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

..and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 24:51)

The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:41-42)
Are we all hypocrites Aery? Eddo?

wez

Big Time BS
Wez, have you ever heard the expression, 'If you can't grasp this concept then there is nothing I can do to help you?'It seems fitting.
Not suggesting you have a complete, well adjusted grasp on something that I am incapable of grasping?

pedant: The term in English is typically used with a negative connotation, indicating someone overly concerned with minutiae and whose tone is perceived as condescending. When it was first used by Shakespeare in Love's Labour's Lost (1588), it simply meant "teacher". Shortly afterward it began to be used negatively. Thomas Nashe wrote in Have with you to Saffron-walden (1596), page 43: "O, tis a precious apothegmaticall [terse] Pedant, who will finde matter inough to dilate a whole daye of the first inuention [invention] of Fy, fa, fum"
Not an insult?

You find something I said condesending? So speak to me in a condesending manner? What would that be?

Or a convienient escape? Do fine details not deserve observation?

Doesn't seem to Christianly to me.. but what do I know.. I didn't go to church. I take everything I think about as far as I possibly can.. The details are where the fruit is.. I don't stop at comfortable. Or "walk away".. according to someone who doesn't want me to look any deeper.. Seems the opposite of Christ to me.

wez

Big Time BS
You must not have read the post several back where I already said I watched it.

And is it not written that a hypocrite does not know the father, or I?

Big Time BS
Wez, your question has been answered numerous times how we are all hypocrites.

Your question has also been answered about the difference between this situation and religious hypocrites (Pharisee-like behavior or acknowledging Him with our lips but not with our hearts).

And, no, it is not an escape. We are told there will be those who cannot grasp the wisdom of the spirit. Yes, it is Christian and biblical. We are told when they try to comprehend the language of the spirit and the Bible, that it will be like a person reading a language that is foreign to them. That is coming from God-Breathed scripture- not me. If I was to not acknowledge this fact, I would be a hypocrite. ;)

The pedantic issue comes in when it is clear you have been answered many times, ask the same questions, receive the answer again, ask the same question, dwell on issues that do not exist or have already been explained, and create contradictions that do not exist.

That is exactly why I said previously I do not want to get involved in this debate. I'm sorry you are not able to grasp the concept that there is hypocrisy in us all and that Jesus' issue lies in religious hypocrites.

Big Time BS
wez said:
You must not have read the post several back where I already said I watched it.And is it not written that a hypocrite does not know the father, or I?
I have already said this is what Jesus Himself said. But what does the video show? That the man is a Child of God. A true child of God. Therein lies the difference.

wez

Big Time BS
Phantom said:
Wez, your question has been answered numerous times how we are all hypocrites.Your question has also been answered about the difference between this situation and religious hypocrites (Pharisee-like behavior or acknowledging Him with our lips but not with our hearts).

And, no, it is not an escape. We are told there will be those who cannot grasp the wisdom of the spirit. Yes, it is Christian and biblical. We are told when they try to comprehend the language of the spirit and the Bible, that it will be like a person reading a language that is foreign to them. That is coming from God-Breathed scripture- not me. If I was to not acknowledge this fact, I would be a hypocrite. ;)

The pedantic issue comes in when it is clear you have been answered many times, ask the same questions, receive the answer again, ask the same question, dwell on issues that do not exist or have already been explained, and create contradictions that do not exist.

That is exactly why I said previously I do not want to get involved in this debate. I'm sorry you are not able to grasp the concept that there is hypocrisy in us all and that Jesus' issue lies in religious hypocrites.
What construes a religious hypocrite, from your everyday average hypocrite?

wez

Big Time BS
Phantom said:
I have already answered that.
So a person who openly denounces God, and practices hypocrisy is not a religious hypocrite?

VS.

Someone who openly praises God, and claims to follow the teachings of Christ, yet acts the opposite?

I don't like you.
as a final attempt to help get at least everyone on the same page, I think wez's definition of the word "hypocrite" is very different than mine, and quite possibly Phantom's and Snafu's.

Main Entry: hyp?o?crite

Pronunciation: ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit

Function: noun

Etymology:

Middle English ypocrite' date=' from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai

Date: 13th century

1 :[b'] a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion [/b]

2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

— hypocrite adjective

hypocrite - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Another:

hyp?o?crite /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Pronunciation Key - –noun

1. a person who pretends to have virtues' date=' moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.[/b']

2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

—Related forms

hyp?o?crit?i?cal, adjective

hyp?o?crit?i?cal?ly, adverb

hypocrite definition |Dictionary.com
A bit further into the original language show us the word "hypokritēs"

hypokritēs (as used in Matthew 24:51)

Pronunciation: h?-po-krē-tā's

Part of Speech: masculine noun

1) one who answers' date=' an interpreter[/b']

2) an actor, stage player

3) a dissembler, pretender, hypocrite

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
A hypocrite is someone who puts on a show to make themselves look better than they are. Notice how none of the definitions say anything about "Judging others for what you in fact are."

I don't mean to appear nit-picky, but I think differing views on what this word means and represents is a major stumbling block in this discussion.

Big Time BS
wez said:
So a person who openly denounces God, and practices hypocrisy is not a religious hypocrite?VS.

Someone who openly praises God, and claims to follow the teachings of Christ, yet acts the opposite?
Yes. Remember the passage in Revelation where Jesus actually has a preference for those who openly deny Him over the lukewarm religious hypocrites who only pretend to love and serve Him. He actually tells the lukewarm that He would prefer them to be hot or cold. Even cold towards Him over a religious hypocrite. And that such people will be spewed from His mouth. That is a huge sign that His problem is with religious hypocrites.

wez

Big Time BS
I don't fit any of those definitions eddo.. but you do. Yet you judge, label, and look down on me and call me a hypocrite?

wez

Big Time BS
Phantom said:
Yes. Remember the passage in Revelation where Jesus actually has a preference for those who openly deny Him over the lukewarm religious hypocrites who only pretend to love and serve Him. He actually tells the lukewarm that He would prefer them to be hot or cold. Even cold towards Him over a religious hypocrite. And that such people will be spewed from His mouth. That is a huge sign that His problem is with religious hypocrites.
Good enough.. :)

wez

Big Time BS
So by your own words and definitions eddo.. you have been a practicing religious hypocrite. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.