Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

What the Mega-Mosque at Ground Zero Means to Worldwide Islam

IWS

Super Moderator
To those who cling to the argument that the Mosque is being built two blocks away...

TWO BLOCKS AWAY!

Please point out the Burlington Coat Factory to me. Please pinpoint exactly where you want to place the Victory Mosque. Thank you!

911collapse1jpg-c31664dec74625aa.jpg

article-1249885-083A9ECF000005DC-860_964x692.jpg

article-1249885-083AABF8000005DC-865_964x694.jpg

5-52149073_crop380w.jpg

ground_zero_map090251.jpg

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=35368

And even though the landing gear from one of the planes crashed through the Burlington Coat Factory building, this site has still not been searched for remains of those murdered on 09/11/01.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Time BS'er
As for "Bible thumpers" as you call them, there are many against this, but most are far right, radical, sorts, like the douchebag in Gainsville, FL.

I'd actually argue there are more people wanting the government to force the Pastor in Florida not to burn the koran, than want the government to stop the building of the mosque.
Last I heard, the pinheaded pastor has called it off. He's had his ten seconds in the limelight, and most of his flock have deserted him.

There's two sides to radicalism in any religion. Not pretty whichever way you look at it.
Would a Quran still burn if the media was not there?

Big Time BS'er
To those who cling to the argument that the Mosque is being built two blocks away...

I would say it is a football field away. Speaking of football, Mizzou beat previously undefeated perennial powerhouse McNeese State 50-6!

IWS

Super Moderator
I would say it is a football field away. Speaking of football, Mizzou beat previously undefeated perennial powerhouse McNeese State 50-6!
Speaking of football and distances. While we're correcting the record on if this is considered "Ground Zero" or not...

AP, New York Times: While You Are Correcting the Record About the Ground Zero Mosque ...

Stop with the "New York" Giants, "New York" Jets, and "Washington" Redskins.

BY Daniel Halper

The AP and New York Times have decided to avoid using the term the "Ground Zero mosque." Why? Well, because the proposed 'Islamic cultural center' is not just a mosque (though it would contain a mosque) and because it's not right at Ground Zero (but a whole two blocks from Ground Zero).

Allow me to submit, in the name of accuracy and integrity in journalism, a few corrections for the Associated Press and New York Times to consider:

? Both consistently (and erroneously) call a football team that is housed in New Jersey the New York Giants (emphasis is my own).

Correction: The New York Giants are not in New York. To call them the ?New York? Giants is itself a disgrace. Please correct the record immediately. I?ll defer to the map:

Giants_New%20York_New%20Jersey.jpg

Wherein A is where the football team plays (in the Meadowlands, New Jersey) and B is the line dividing the states of New Jersey and New York. Driving distance: Approximately 6 miles.

I propose, for the sake of accuracy and integrity, that the AP and New York Times call the New York Giants the ?Giants Located Near New York.?

? The New York Times and AP shamefully commit the same fallacy when referring to that other New Jersey football team ? the Jets ? which they call the "New York Jets." The Jets play in the same stadium as the Giants, so the map above serves as a good reference.

Proposed correction: How about, for the sake of consistency, the "Jets Located Near New York."

? The New York Times and AP, again, refer to a football team by its wrong location. The "Washington" Redskins do not play in Washington, D.C. They are housed in Landover, Maryland. I'll defer to the map:

Redskins_Directions.jpg

Wherein A is where the football team plays (in Landover, Maryland) and B is the line dividing the state of Maryland and Washington, D.C. Driving distance: Approximately 6 miles.

Proposed name, for the sake of accuracy: The Landover Redskins. Now that's a team I could get behind.

To be fair to the New York Times and AP, there are numerous examples of places that are located near, but not in, the location that their name indicates.

Take, for example, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. In Washington, D.C.? Nope. It's in Arlington, Virginia.

What about Washington Dulles International Airport? Not in Washington, D.C., either. That's in Sterling, Virginia.

Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport? You guessed it: Not in Baltimore or Washington, D.C. That would be Hanover, Maryland.

Which brings us back to the Associated Press and New York Times, and accuracy and integrity in journalism.

Apparently, with regard to the proposed Islamic cultural center that would house a mosque, Ground Zero only encompasses the exact site of the Twin Towers, where thousands of Americans were murdered by Islamists on September 11. If, say, a building were to have pieces from the wreckage, including the landing gear of a plane that was flown into the Twin Towers, on its site on September 11, then it still does not constitute being at Ground Zero. At least, that is the case with the site that this Islamic cultural center with a mosque would sit on.

Look, AP and New York Times, I'm all for accuracy and integrity in journalism. All I ask is that you be consistent in your standards when covering the Giants, Jets, and Redskins.
http://www.weeklysta...o-mosque?page=2

Superior Member
Speaking of football and distances. While we're correcting the record on if this is considered "Ground Zero" or not...

AP, New York Times: While You Are Correcting the Record About the Ground Zero Mosque ...

Stop with the "New York" Giants, "New York" Jets, and "Washington" Redskins.

BY Daniel Halper

The AP and New York Times have decided to avoid using the term the "Ground Zero mosque." Why? Well, because the proposed 'Islamic cultural center' is not just a mosque (though it would contain a mosque) and because it's not right at Ground Zero (but a whole two blocks from Ground Zero).

Allow me to submit, in the name of accuracy and integrity in journalism, a few corrections for the Associated Press and New York Times to consider:

? Both consistently (and erroneously) call a football team that is housed in New Jersey the New York Giants (emphasis is my own).

Correction: The New York Giants are not in New York. To call them the ?New York? Giants is itself a disgrace. Please correct the record immediately. I?ll defer to the map:

Giants_New%20York_New%20Jersey.jpg

Wherein A is where the football team plays (in the Meadowlands, New Jersey) and B is the line dividing the states of New Jersey and New York. Driving distance: Approximately 6 miles.

I propose, for the sake of accuracy and integrity, that the AP and New York Times call the New York Giants the ?Giants Located Near New York.?

? The New York Times and AP shamefully commit the same fallacy when referring to that other New Jersey football team ? the Jets ? which they call the "New York Jets." The Jets play in the same stadium as the Giants, so the map above serves as a good reference.

Proposed correction: How about, for the sake of consistency, the "Jets Located Near New York."

? The New York Times and AP, again, refer to a football team by its wrong location. The "Washington" Redskins do not play in Washington, D.C. They are housed in Landover, Maryland. I'll defer to the map:

Redskins_Directions.jpg

Wherein A is where the football team plays (in Landover, Maryland) and B is the line dividing the state of Maryland and Washington, D.C. Driving distance: Approximately 6 miles.

Proposed name, for the sake of accuracy: The Landover Redskins. Now that's a team I could get behind.

To be fair to the New York Times and AP, there are numerous examples of places that are located near, but not in, the location that their name indicates.

Take, for example, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. In Washington, D.C.? Nope. It's in Arlington, Virginia.

What about Washington Dulles International Airport? Not in Washington, D.C., either. That's in Sterling, Virginia.

Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport? You guessed it: Not in Baltimore or Washington, D.C. That would be Hanover, Maryland.

Which brings us back to the Associated Press and New York Times, and accuracy and integrity in journalism.

Apparently, with regard to the proposed Islamic cultural center that would house a mosque, Ground Zero only encompasses the exact site of the Twin Towers, where thousands of Americans were murdered by Islamists on September 11. If, say, a building were to have pieces from the wreckage, including the landing gear of a plane that was flown into the Twin Towers, on its site on September 11, then it still does not constitute being at Ground Zero. At least, that is the case with the site that this Islamic cultural center with a mosque would sit on.

Look, AP and New York Times, I'm all for accuracy and integrity in journalism. All I ask is that you be consistent in your standards when covering the Giants, Jets, and Redskins.
http://www.weeklysta...o-mosque?page=2
Difference being that they call themselves that.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/index.jsp

http://www.newyorkjets.com/

http://www.giants.com/index.html

And obviously, what one considers "ground zero" is opinion. So while I may not consider the site of the center "ground zero", you do.

Progressive Killer
Actually, I just realized that I can't even afford that this month. I apologize, but must retract my wager.
So all your willing to do is shoot off your mouth about things you know nothing about.......right? Thought so.

I wonder why it is progressives like you say we should not hold Muslim communities accountable for the radicals they refuse to stand up to, but at the same time all of them believe one idiot buring a Quran means all of america has burned a Quran.......

Double standard? As I keep saying but people like Joker ignore, I don't think all muslims are terrorists or are infiltrating any way they can, but I do know without any doubt that not "all" Muslims stand up against the radicals. All these radicals already want to kill us because we are infidels, nothing we do will incease or decrease their hate of the 'West'.

We cannot appease the terrorists Joker, they are not motivated by what your motivated with, you think "be nice" and they will be nice back, and your wrong.

Progressive Killer
Exactly, the Muslims desire that specific spot because it is their intention to have a victory monument to the terrorist attacks of 9/11.

If the piece of land did not matter and only the so called community center was all that was important then why would they care where it is built? Obiously the only thing they care about is being close to the attack site.

You have to know your screwed up when your on the same side of an arguement with Builder who is so stupid he believes 9/11 was an inside job.

Progressive Killer
You have to know your screwed up when your on the same side of an arguement with Builder who is so stupid he believes 9/11 was an inside job.
Can you feel the love?
But your in good company Builder, one of the imams who preachs and will preach at this mosque is on record as also saying that 9/11 was an inside job and Muslims had nothing to do with it.

As I keep saying, it is up to the Muslims to stand up to their radical elements but they can't aven agree they have radical elements, some of the people directly involved with this ground zero Mosque can't even call a terrorist a terrorist or even admit it was their extreme elements who attacked us.

If they refuse to agree on the most basic of facts, how can we build bridges or even call them blameless?

Nobody has said "don't build the Mosque" all they have said is not that specific spot because of it's sensative nature. But these radicals don't want to build their Mosque anywhere else, they flat refuse any other spot, now why are they so stuck on that specific location if it is not very important to them to be on ground zero?

And why should we be the only people to show tolerance? One idiot in Florida wants to burn a Quran and all Muslims blame all Americans? Really?

And did you see where this so called moderate Muslim said attacks would happen if they could not build their Mosque on that exact spot?

Ya, it seems pretty clear they are the people who need to work on their tolerance.

We cannot appease the terrorists Joker, they are not motivated by what your motivated with, you think "be nice" and they will be nice back, and your wrong.
I can see ya now, Marshall, with one six shooter in your right hand, an' one o' the same in the other hand.

Not flinchin' not fussin'. Just a'waitin'.

Progressive Killer
I can see ya now, Marshall, with one six shooter in your right hand, an' one o' the same in the other hand.

Not flinchin' not fussin'. Just a'waitin'.
Your not that far from the truth, while we had a very strong leader who was very clear about his being willing to knock the crap out of people, we didn't have any attacks, the terrorists lost almost all interest in coming to America to attack us, but during weak Presidents like Clinton and Obama, we have attack, after attack, after attack.

If appeasement was going to work, why do they still want to attack us with the most soft on Muslims President to ever serve in that office? You would think attacks would go down but even Iran slapped Obama in the face. All that big talk from Obama about how he was going to reach out to Iran and show how the agressive stance of the Bush Whitehouse was the real problem was proven to be BS. Iran is just as, if not more insulting to Obama with all his groveling as he was with Bush.

Are you on crystal meth? or what?

Sounds to me like you're just craving attention, my friend.

I'm sure that in a country as populated and proud as your own, there's gotta be some place that would welcome your kinda propaganda with open arms.

Good luck with your search.

Builder, signing out now. Seeya on the board sometime, chum.

Progressive Killer

I'm sure that in a country as populated and proud as your own, there's gotta be some place that would welcome your kinda propaganda with open arms.

Being as your the wacko talking about 9/11 conspiracies and such that would make you the attention whore my friend, not me.

I offered you pure fact, under Clinton we had tons of attacks and the biggest attack of 9/11 was planned and the terrorists were here in America during almost all of his two terms. So the result of 8 years of a progressive mostly kissing their behinds was more attacks and the 9/11 plan.

Under Obama we have more attacks to include the Fort Hood terrorist attack and Iran closer to a nuclear weapon than ever before and not even trying to hide it anymore. North Korea is openly attacking ships, firing lots of missles and more agressive than ever during the 8 years under Bush. Radical Muslims are more worked up and attacking us more under Obama than under Bush so how can any idiot claim that being soft and weak will get the Muslims to like us?

We are Infidels, we can never be more than an infidel to the strict followers of Islam.

Being as your the wacko talking about 9/11 conspiracies and such that would make you the attention whore my friend, not me.

I offered you pure fact, under Clinton we had tons of attacks and the biggest attack of 9/11 was planned and the terrorists were here in America during almost all of his two terms. So the result of 8 years of a progressive mostly kissing their behinds was more attacks and the 9/11 plan.
So I guess JFK saying no to operation Northwoods and sacking the plotters of an attack on Americans, along with staged terrorist attacks on American soil, hijacking planes and substituting drones painted up to look like commercial jets, was more "progressive" bullshit, TJ?

------------------------------------------

Operation Northwoods, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.[18]

# Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft should appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the government of Cuba. Concurrently, genuine defections of Cuban civil and military air and surface craft should be encouraged.

# It is possible to create an incident which will demonstrate convincingly that a Cuban aircraft has attacked and shot down a chartered civil airliner en route from the United States to Jamaica, Guatemala, Panama or Venezuela. The destination would be chosen only to cause the flight plan route to cross Cuba. The passengers could be a group of college students off on a holiday or any grouping of persons with a common interest to support chartering a non-scheduled flight.

a. An aircraft at Eglin AFB would be painted and numbered as an exact duplicate for a civil registered aircraft belonging to a CIA proprietary organization in the Miami area. At a designated time the duplicate would be substituted for the actual civil aircraft and would be loaded with the selected passengers, all boarded under carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered aircraft would be converted to a drone.

b. Take off times of the drone aircraft and the actual aircraft will be scheduled to allow a rendezvous south of Florida. From the rendezvous point the passenger-carrying aircraft will descend to minimum altitude and go directly into an auxiliary field at Eglin AFB where arrangements will have been made to evacuate the passengers and return the aircraft to its original status. The drone aircraft meanwhile will continue to fly the filed flight plan. When over Cuba the drone will begin transmitting on the international distress frequency a "MAY DAY" message stating he is under attack by Cuban MIG aircraft. The transmission will be interrupted by destruction of the aircraft which will be triggered by radio signal. This will allow ICAO radio[16] stations in the Western Hemisphere to tell the US what has happened to the aircraft instead of the US trying to "sell" the incident.

# It is possible to create an incident which will make it appear that Communist Cuban MIGs have destroyed a USAF aircraft over international waters in an unprovoked attack.

a. Approximately 4 or 5 F-101 aircraft will be dispatched in trail from Homestead AFB, Florida, to the vicinity of Cuba. Their mission will be to reverse course and simulate fakir aircraft for an air defense exercise in southern Florida. These aircraft would conduct variations of these flights at frequent Intervals. Crews would be briefed to remain at least 12 miles off the Cuban coast; however, they would be required to carry live ammunition in the event that hostile actions were taken by the Cuban MIGs.

b. On one such flight, a pre-briefed pilot would fly tail-end Charley at considerable interval between aircraft. While near the Cuban Island this pilot would broadcast that he had been jumped by MIGs and was going down. No other calls would be made. The pilot would then fly directly west at extremely low altitude and land at a secure base, an Eglin auxiliary. The aircraft would be met by the proper people, quickly stored and given a new tail number. The pilot who had performed the mission under an alias, would resume his proper identity and return to his normal place of business. The pilot and aircraft would then have disappeared.

c. At precisely the same time that the aircraft was presumably shot down, a submarine or small surface craft would disburse F-101 parts, parachute, etc., at approximately 15 to 20 miles off the Cuban coast and depart. The pilots returning to Homestead would have a true story as far as they knew. Search ships and aircraft could be dispatched and parts of aircraft found.

-------------------------------------------------

Sound familiar?

Progressive Killer
So I guess JFK saying no to operation Northwoods and sacking the plotters of an attack on Americans, along with staged terrorist attacks on American soil, hijacking planes and substituting drones painted up to look like commercial jets, was more "progressive" bullshit, TJ?
You really are brainwashed, I was wondering for awile but you have completely lost all connection to reality. I had not really understood your brand of lunacy until recently when a friend of mine gave me a book explaining anti-colonialism, and this is another root motivation for Obama as well.

To you, any lie is justified as long as it fills your need to attack the systems you hate.

For the few on the forum interested in knowing what Builder is talking about, the joint chiefs were instrusted to provide a list of available options for dealing with Cuba. This concept was indeed included among a huge number of other ideas all brainstorming from different angles. It was never fully developed and never completely accepted as an alternative by anyone in power.

BUT.

Even if it was, we are still stuck on the same problem, a problem Builder refuses to address because he knows it proves an inside job to be impossible for 9/11.

The "regular Joe" who must be in on the conspiracy for it to work. It is one thing for a President, or even a General to offer theories or ideas to try and conduct some kind of "false-flag" operation, but these Generals and leaders are not going to be the one doing the deeds, these operations must be performed by "little guys" and other civilian groups like first responders (fire fighters, cops, etc.) must also be pulled into the conspiracy.

None of these "regular Joes" would have any reason to keep that blood on their hands. They would have nothing to gain, no reason to lie, so no reasonable excuse not to tell.

How can someone pull that off when Clinton could not even get a hummer in the Whitehouse without the entire world finding out?

Big Time BS'er
You really are brainwashed, I was wondering for awile but you have completely lost all connection to reality. I had not really understood your brand of lunacy until recently when a friend of mine gave me a book explaining anti-colonialism, and this is another root motivation for Obama as well.

To you, any lie is justified as long as it fills your need to attack the systems you hate.

For the few on the forum interested in knowing what Builder is talking about, the joint chiefs were instrusted to provide a list of available options for dealing with Cuba. This concept was indeed included among a huge number of other ideas all brainstorming from different angles. It was never fully developed and never completely accepted as an alternative by anyone in power.

BUT.

Even if it was, we are still stuck on the same problem, a problem Builder refuses to address because he knows it proves an inside job to be impossible for 9/11.

The "regular Joe" who must be in on the conspiracy for it to work. It is one thing for a President, or even a General to offer theories or ideas to try and conduct some kind of "false-flag" operation, but these Generals and leaders are not going to be the one doing the deeds, these operations must be performed by "little guys" and other civilian groups like first responders (fire fighters, cops, etc.) must also be pulled into the conspiracy.

None of these "regular Joes" would have any reason to keep that blood on their hands. They would have nothing to gain, no reason to lie, so no reasonable excuse not to tell.

How can someone pull that off when Clinton could not even get a hummer in the Whitehouse without the entire world finding out?
Well thats the whole thing. There are so many people involved a conspiracy would be ludicrus.