Welcome to the Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum.

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is the premier place to discuss and debate current topics such as religion or politics in an intelligent manner. You can freely speak your mind about religion, politics or any other topic without anyone censoring what you say or how you say it.

You have to register before you can post in most forums. The exception is the Free For All forum which is open to all users unregistered and registered alike

There are 2 user groups for registered users. One is the registered user group which gives basic privileges.You can post threads and reply to others threads. You can't access the PM system, post profile notes or upload media in the gallery.

This is to curb the spam that message forums get.

Once you have contributed 10 posts you will be moved to a new user group which will allow you to have a signature, upload media to the gallery and send and receive private messages.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Disclaimer:

Just BS - The Best Damn Off Topic Forum (JBS) is not responsible for the content of the posts made by the users of this forum. The views of the users will not necessarily be the views of JBS and JBS will not be held responsible for the content of these posts. JBS believes in free speech. That is why this forum is here. To allow people to speak freely about what is wrong in the world today or to just be able to get rid of the days frustrations. JBS will expend every resource available to stand up for a person's right to speak their mind.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register today and join the fun.

Schoolyard Taunting

I Am Not the Fine Man You Take Me For
You know RO, Obama did accomplish a great thing, he inserted an excitement that brought many people to the voting booth who normally would not have come, but he brought them to the booth with a lie that has dashed their dreams of the HOPE he was supposed to give them. The CHANGE in Washington so many people wanted....but all of it just more lies to get elected and gain power for himself and his liberal friends....what a waste, imagine if we could find a conservative minded person who could bring that kind of hope to the people but then follow through instead of turning his back on the campaign promises?

Now that is a guy I could get behind reguardless of what his party he belonged to, you know, even though my mind knew Obama was telling lies, my heart really wanted him to be telling the truth about ending the Washington as usual politics, but as usual, great dreams are exactly that, dreams, not reality.
The only great thing that happened in November of 2008, the first black president of the USA was elected.

Sadly, it was the wrong black man.

Progressive Killer
So nothing counts unless you want it to count? Seems to me like your putting on your blinders and blocking out anything that does not feed into your self-imposed concept that only your 'purity' stand is good and everyone else in America has it wrong. Your circular agrguments are designed for one thing, to dodge the truth that only two people can win, and refusing to support the conservate in the race is in reality supporting the liberal.

I can't even remember how many times you and many other people made big deals about gray area being real life but now, it is you who refuses to see the gray, why is that RO? Why is this one time you cannot see the gray? Maybe because it proves it is you who is being unreasonable?

The game we have comes down to two people, I know that sucks, I agree that sucks, but it sucking does not change the reality and that reality is we have to choose between two men. If you refuse to play the game at hand then your part of the reason we lose.

Now I just gave you another great example of how the 33% popularity conservatives in Canada are winning elections because the 56% popularity liberals are divided among three seperate groups and still.....you claim to not understand the concept of how splintering weakens a group.........I have to admit I am out of ideas on how to educate you on this concept so I will bow out of this, I have tried my best, but I guess it was not enough.

Big Time BS'er
For the billionth time, I'm not an f-ing liberal! Nor a Democrat nor any of those boxes some of you like putting yourselves in when it comes to politics!
Yeah she's just a plain Obama moma
tongue.gif

Progressive Killer
Obama hasn't dashed any hope and faith in me. If anything he keeps proving and accomplishing things no one has been able to accomplish in this country yet.
Hitler accomplished many things no one had done before too, that did not make his actions good.

And no, I am not trying to compare the two, Obama is not anywhere near that realm and I would never say he was, but my point is just because you can do a thing, that does not mean you should do a thing. Obama is running the most closed door administration in over 30 years when he promised to run the most open one. Obama is a pure partisan President when he promised to be someone who was going to change Washington and bring people together.

What are some of his big accomplishments Chi?

Spend money faster than any other President in history?

Did his stimulus bill keep unemployment below 8% as promised? Remember that was why it had to be passed right away before anyone could read it?

Obama has passed a healthcare bill into law that most Americans did not want.

Obama is close to destroying our relationship with Israel.

Obama has shown himself weak on foreign policy and places like North Korea and Iran are looking down their nose at him.

What exactly are his great accomplishments? Help me out here because I really do want to be proud of the man running our Country but I am having difficulty finding something I can point at and say "that" is a great thing Obama has done.

hugo, you gave up before the game was over, imagine if any game was played that way, why not end the football games at 30 minutes of play? How about 6 innings in baseball? Your saying it is okay to assume defeat and act accordingly, I don't believe that is part of the American way, we don't give up, hell if we had looked at the assumptions of who was the most powerful we never would have fought for our freedom but we did fight the unwinnable war and guess what......we beat the odds and came out on top.

We won not because we were divided but because like minded people stuck together and used their combined will to give each other the strength to go one, to keep going, and to ultimately win.

So nothing counts unless you want it to count? Seems to me like your putting on your blinders and blocking out anything that does not feed into your self-imposed concept that only your 'purity' stand is good and everyone else in America has it wrong. Your circular agrguments are designed for one thing, to dodge the truth that only two people can win, and refusing to support the conservate in the race is in reality supporting the liberal.

I can't even remember how many times you and many other people made big deals about gray area being real life but now, it is you who refuses to see the gray, why is that RO? Why is this one time you cannot see the gray? Maybe because it proves it is you who is being unreasonable?

The game we have comes down to two people, I know that sucks, I agree that sucks, but it sucking does not change the reality and that reality is we have to choose between two men. If you refuse to play the game at hand then your part of the reason we lose.
I asked you to produce some evidence backing your claim that libertarian voters overwhelmingly swung left for Obama.

You failed in doing so, but I'm not surprised. Typical.

This leads me to the conclusion that your claim is fabricated. Probably generated by some talking head over at some mainstream media outlet to shift blame from the centrist Republicans and onto a supposed splinter group within the party.

Now I just gave you another great example of how the 33% popularity conservatives in Canada are winning elections because the 56% popularity liberals are divided among three seperate groups and still.....you claim to not understand the concept of how splintering weakens a group.........I have to admit I am out of ideas on how to educate you on this concept so I will bow out of this, I have tried my best, but I guess it was not enough.
You mentioned Canada and I tuned out. Not because I can or can't refute your comparison, but because it has no bearing on how American politics run. At least, I will say this, there are viable parties splintered from each other. The smaller the faction, the better the people of a politician's constituency is represented. Not everything in your mind sounds good on paper, you know?

Now I totally understand your little concept of splintering, I have said that I understand it, but what you fail to recognize is my assertion of understanding. Just because I don't agree 100% with you, doesn't give you a free pass to talk to me like a child.

You are throwing flames now, TJ. Saying that you were trying to educate me is a blast against my intelligence. If you were offended by the remark that I made, I am offended by this remark that you made. It's all relative, subjective and equally impugnable. So just watch who you're trying to "educate", TJ.

If you are out of ideas, then you should concentrate staying on topic concerning Sarah Palin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Progressive Killer
I asked you to produce some evidence backing your claim that libertarian voters overwhelmingly swung left for Obama.

This leads me to the conclusion that your claim is fabricated. Probably generated by some talking head over at some mainstream media outlet to shift blame from the centrist Republicans and onto a supposed splinter group within the party.
No, you frontloaded your question to allow you wiggle room to say whatever I offered was not 100% scientific fact, and I agree, but we do have these polls and these polls have been accurate in the past, trying to say now things like exit polls are not to be considered as evidence of voting trends just shows that your hiding from the truth.

There is nobody in the voting booth with each of us RO, of course there is no way to know for certain, but I believe in using the tools we do have and even listening to people like hugo and yourself who admitted to not voting for the conservative out of the two choices we had to choose from.

You mentioned Canada and I tuned out. Not because I can or can't refute your comparison, but because it has no bearing on how American politics run. At least, I will say this, there are viable parties splintered from each other. The smaller the faction, the better the people of a politician's constituency is represented. Not everything in your mind sounds good on paper, you know?

Now I totally understand your little concept of splintering, I have said that I understand it, but what you fail to recognize my assertion of understanding. Just because I don't agree with 100% with you, doesn't give you a free pass on berating my understanding of your concept.

You are throwing flames now, TJ. Saying that you were trying to educate me is a blast against my intelligence. If you were offended by the remark that I made, I am offended by this remark that you made. It's all relative, subjective and equally impugnable. So just watch who you're trying to "educate", TJ.

If you are out of ideas, then you should concentrate staying on topic concerning Sarah Palin.
No RO, a flame is when you say something that is only designed to hurt, like when someone steps outside the conversation and starts making personal comments about the other guy's manhood or something personal. I have made a promise to you and everyone else that I was going to try harder not to hurt your feelings and I mean that so I would not now turn to flames, I have no desire to hurt your feelings and if I do it will be only by mistake.

In this case I was on topic and expressing my inability to get through to you on the concept of splintering and how it harms the general causes of these groups. I had no idea that you understood the concept and was just pretending not to know, these conversations would go a lot easier if you would just say what you understand to be true instead of pretending not to understand just to avoid admitting I am right about something.

And Canada is a great example, people are people, voting is voting (as long as there is no major corruption changing the votes after they are cast), their general trend is liberal while most of America tends to be conservative. Both Countries are having issues politically staying on the course of the general trend of the majority of those who live there. In Canada the people tend to be liberal but right now conservatives win control while here in America the people tend to be conservative and liberals have control. Both Countries have lost control for the same reason, splintering.

No, you frontloaded your question to allow you wiggle room to say whatever I offered was not 100% scientific fact, and I agree, but we do have these polls and these polls have been accurate in the past, trying to say now things like exit polls are not to be considered as evidence of voting trends just shows that your hiding from the truth.

There is nobody in the voting booth with each of us RO, of course there is no way to know for certain, but I believe in using the tools we do have and even listening to people like hugo and yourself who admitted to not voting for the conservative out of the two choices we had to choose from.
It's not a loaded question if you can produce facts. Your assertion is that Libertarians elected Obama president. I asked you for some statistical data to back up your claim. You failed to provide proof of your point.

Ohhh......... and I do remember other conservatives being on the 2008 ballot. Do you know how hard it is for a third party to get on a ballot in most states? Damn near impossible.

The optimistic voter believe that every candidate on the ballot has equal chance to win. The pessimist knows better given how Obama's (no matter how dirty) political machine rolled all over McCain.

So......... moving on.

No RO, a flame is when you say something that is only designed to hurt, like when someone steps outside the conversation and starts making personal comments about the other guy's manhood or something personal. I have made a promise to you and everyone else that I was going to try harder not to hurt your feelings and I mean that so I would not now turn to flames, I have no desire to hurt your feelings and if I do it will be only by mistake.

In this case I was on topic and expressing my inability to get through to you on the concept of splintering and how it harms the general causes of these groups. I had no idea that you understood the concept and was just pretending not to know, these conversations would go a lot easier if you would just say what you understand to be true instead of pretending not to understand just to avoid admitting I am right about something.
First off, I wasn't offended by your remark. I have a tendency for the dramatics and was trying to show you how a supposed flame can be subjective to the reader. Not everyone is offended by the same thing.

Now... just because I say that I UNDERSTAND something does NOT mean that I agree with it! I totally UNDERSTAND what the progressives are doing to our country, but I don't agree with it! I UNDERSTAND that the progressives have the upper hand now and are capitalizing on it, but I don't agree with it.

You say that splintering hurts the Republican's chance of winning. And I say that I don't agree that splintering is a terrible thing. Right now, the Democrats are winning because of their unity and that will be their downfall. For the simple reason, the American people will lump all democrats into the same bin and vote out the more moderate or conservative representatives. Happens all the time.

In factions, there is hope that there are three conservatives on the ballot to take away from the Democrats one major candidate. I can't help it if America had it with the Republicans and all their spending in the post-9/11 U.S.

And Canada is a great example, people are people, voting is voting (as long as there is no major corruption changing the votes after they are cast), their general trend is liberal while most of America tends to be conservative. Both Countries are having issues politically staying on the course of the general trend of the majority of those who live there. In Canada the people tend to be liberal but right now conservatives win control while here in America the people tend to be conservative and liberals have control. Both Countries have lost control for the same reason, splintering.
I understand what you are saying here, and have understood it from jump.

Progressive Killer
It's not a loaded question if you can produce facts. Your assertion is that Libertarians elected Obama president. I asked you for some statistical data to back up your claim. You failed to provide proof of your point.
It is a loaded question, you know all votes are private so there is nothing that can be said as hard facts, all that we have to use for discussion is things like the exit polls and you already excluded from consideration any kind of opinions or polls so your question was not a question, it was a closed comment designed to create a false impression of fabrication on my part because you do not want to admit that the splintered groups were what made the difference in getting Obama elected.

Very slick actually, but I am not interested in lawyer like word twisting RO, all I concern myself with is reality, and reality tells us that the independents elected Obama, not the two main party members who are going to vote for the guy in their party anyway. The only question in each of these elections is what way will the independents lean this time.

Ohhh......... and I do remember other conservatives being on the 2008 ballot. Do you know how hard it is for a third party to get on a ballot in most states? Damn near impossible.

The optimistic voter believe that every candidate on the ballot has equal chance to win. The pessimist knows better given how Obama's (no matter how dirty) political machine rolled all over McCain.

So......... moving on.
What the heck are you talking about?

The optimistic voter what???????

You can't possibly believe that. The educated voter knows it is down to two people, one liberal, one conservative, nobody else has any chance in hell of being elected. Voting for anyone other than those two is taking a vote away from one of the two who are capable of winning. That does not mean I like this reality, but like it or not it is still reality.

This is why I offered a sports example earlier, if the USA hockey team had your attitude in 1980 they would not have even bothered to play USSR and just gave up, nobody in the world gave the American team a chance to beat USSR. But they did beat the USSR team and set the world on it's ear. The contest is not over until it is over.

First off, I wasn't offended by your remark. I have a tendency for the dramatics and was trying to show you how a supposed flame can be subjective to the reader. Not everyone is offended by the same thing.
Being offended is not what makes a flame a flame, I am all for spirited debate where some feathers fly but when someone steps outside of the discussion at hand and tosses pure insults that have nothing to do with the discussion that to me is a flame, no matter if the flame caused hurt feelings or not. It is all about being decent. I have made the decision to try and be less hostile and more decent to my fellow forum members and try not to get into a back and forth insult fest, that kind of thing is not very mature anyway.

Now... just because I say that I UNDERSTAND something does NOT mean that I agree with it! I totally UNDERSTAND what the progressives are doing to our country, but I don't agree with it! I UNDERSTAND that the progressives have the upper hand now and are capitalizing on it, but I don't agree with it.

You say that splintering hurts the Republican's chance of winning. And I say that I don't agree that splintering is a terrible thing. Right now, the Democrats are winning because of their unity and that will be their downfall. For the simple reason, the American people will lump all democrats into the same bin and vote out the more moderate or conservative representatives. Happens all the time.

In factions, there is hope that there are three conservatives on the ballot to take away from the Democrats one major candidate. I can't help it if America had it with the Republicans and all their spending in the post-9/11 U.S.

I understand what you are saying here, and have understood it from jump.
Well clearly you do not understand it based on what you just said.

The concept of splintering has nothing to do with progressives because these same progressive types are falling victim to it in Canada where their own splintering is making the conservatives win.

The basic concept is that people generally fall into two basic groups, those who want the Government to help provide for the people (play Robin Hood), and those who believe the Government should stay out of our lives as much as possible. That is it, we can argue all day and all night on tiny specks of definitions on the finer points but at the end of the day this is where it boils down to when we get rid of all the childish bickering. Sure, we each may want to look at different ways of reaching those goals but still the basic root directions are the same. So the question is why is it some people who agree on less or more Government, will at the same time bicker among people with the same general beliefs instead of joining together?

In America the liberals seem to be able to stick together most of the time but in Canada these same progressive types cannot stick together and are crippled with splintering. At the same time in America, the Conservatives are crippled with splintering but in Canada the conservative minded people stick together. So it is possible to stick together by both types of people but some figure out how to do so while others do not.

It is a loaded question, you know all votes are private so there is nothing that can be said as hard facts, all that we have to use for discussion is things like the exit polls and you already excluded from consideration any kind of opinions or polls so your question was not a question, it was a closed comment designed to create a false impression of fabrication on my part because you do not want to admit that the splintered groups were what made the difference in getting Obama elected.

Very slick actually, but I am not interested in lawyer like word twisting RO, all I concern myself with is reality, and reality tells us that the independents elected Obama, not the two main party members who are going to vote for the guy in their party anyway. The only question in each of these elections is what way will the independents lean this time.
So you admit, that libertarians (whether you lump them in with the Republicans or the Independents) voted Obama is an outright opinion. That's all I wanted to hear.

The way you have asserted yourself with this opinion is that it is infallibly true and can not be refuted.

What the heck are you talking about?The optimistic voter what???????
Yeah... I kind of did a hack job with my comparisons there. I started a thought, got distracted, forgot all about where I was in the reply and then submitted the post sans proofreading. I had a point, but it's gone the way of the DoDo and searching my thoughts... I can not recall it. I will reiterate my point when it comes back to me.

Strike that from the record.

This is why I offered a sports example earlier, if the USA hockey team had your attitude in 1980 they would not have even bothered to play USSR and just gave up, nobody in the world gave the American team a chance to beat USSR. But they did beat the USSR team and set the world on it's ear. The contest is not over until it is over.
Ohhhh.... I get it now! It's like hockey. Ok... ok... thanks.

Being offended is not what makes a flame a flame, I am all for spirited debate where some feathers fly but when someone steps outside of the discussion at hand and tosses pure insults that have nothing to do with the discussion that to me is a flame, no matter if the flame caused hurt feelings or not. It is all about being decent. I have made the decision to try and be less hostile and more decent to my fellow forum members and try not to get into a back and forth insult fest, that kind of thing is not very mature anyway.
Well... then... don't worry about being flamed or not. You know this all boils down to you being less hostile and wanting to make changes within yourself. I never made such an agreement nor do I have a desire to. Just because you have decided to try and change doesn't mean that I have to, I'm obligated to be nicer, I have to be decent, etc... this is your little self-project. Not mine.

If you don't like it, then leave or take the high road. If something that I say to you or another member doesn't sit right, then RO will make it all better. Yet, you can't expect me to take this trip with you. As I have no desire to compromise for this site or any other. If that gets me demoted... fine... if it ultimately gets me banned... fine!

RO will carry on the way RO has always carried on (which is probably the reason I am still here and another reason why I was promoted.)

And about the past, I said that I would leave the past in the past and not bring up our previous grievances. As long as you did the same. I haven't reopened old wounds from the past to throw in your face, nor do I have any intention of doing such as that. So far we have both held up our end of the contract.

Want to do a poll on the subjectivity of flames?

Well clearly you do not understand it based on what you just said.
Huh? I'm not some knucklehead that smiles and nods pretending to understand. What don't you understand about "I understand" and "I don't agree.".

The basic concept is that people generally fall into two basic groups, those who want the Government to help provide for the people (play Robin Hood), and those who believe the Government should stay out of our lives as much as possible. That is it, we can argue all day and all night on tiny specks of definitions on the finer points but at the end of the day this is where it boils down to when we get rid of all the childish bickering. Sure, we each may want to look at different ways of reaching those goals but still the basic root directions are the same. So the question is why is it some people who agree on less or more Government, will at the same time bicker among people with the same general beliefs instead of joining together?
You have to draw the line in the sand somewhere, TJ. Somewhere, somehow, some way... you have to tell yourself that neither party is worth wasting my vote. Yet, I can't tell you how to vote. I can only tell you that there doesn't have to be a two party system, but it is continuous acceptance of centrist beliefs that give us mediocre politicians.

You know, most successful politicians are sociopaths. That means that anyone with any integrity at all has small chance of winning and no chance for re-election.

It says a lot about someone who ran and did not get elected. All good.

Why I Am Not A Conservative by FA Hayek

To answer your question... people bicker among people with same general beliefs because they disagree on how they should be instituted. There are centrist Republicans who share a great many values with the Libertarians within the party, but ultimately the centrist wants to get re-elected. Not to say that the Libertarian wants to lose his seat, but he is less likely to compromise... his constituency respects that about him and doesn't want him to roll over.

In America the liberals seem to be able to stick together most of the time but in Canada these same progressive types cannot stick together and are crippled with splintering. At the same time in America, the Conservatives are crippled with splintering but in Canada the conservative minded people stick together. So it is possible to stick together by both types of people but some figure out how to do so while others do not.
The so called liberals of America stick together on one mantra, "Obama is not Bush.".

Whatever... I wipe my hands of this argument. It's tiring and circular.

This thread is way out, far and beyond the intent of the original poster (I'm hugo doesn't mind, but I am trying to stick with the rules of this particular forum). Though the topics discussed are still that... topics, I have to weigh my heavy hand on this thread and discontinue it if we can't get back on track.

So...

Sarah Palin, huh?

Big Time BS'er
hugo, you gave up before the game was over, imagine if any game was played that way, why not end the football games at 30 minutes of play? How about 6 innings in baseball? Your saying it is okay to assume defeat and act accordingly, I don't believe that is part of the American way, we don't give up, hell if we had looked at the assumptions of who was the most powerful we never would have fought for our freedom but we did fight the unwinnable war and guess what......we beat the odds and came out on top.

We won not because we were divided but because like minded people stuck together and used their combined will to give each other the strength to go one, to keep going, and to ultimately win.
Next time you watch a football game where a team is down by three touchdowns and has the ball in the last 30 seconds. They are seldom throwing Hail Marys. A better analogy is we are at war; capitalism versus socialism and some battles or lost but the war is not over. By election Tuesday the battle had been lost but the war against socialism must continue, That means not giving your vote to liberal, a man whose name is on the bill that was the greatest attack on free speech in 200 years, just because he has an R by his name.

Big Time BS'er
YOUR FIRED!

SEARCHLIGHT, Nev. -- Sarah Palin told thousands of tea party activists assembled in the dusty Nevada desert Saturday that Sen. Harry Reid will have to explain his votes when he comes back to his hometown to campaign.The wind whipped U.S. flags behind the former Alaska governor as she stood on a makeshift stage, holding a microphone and her notes as she spoke to the cheering crowd. She told them Reid, fighting for re-election, is "gambling away our future."

"Someone needs to tell him, this is not a crapshoot," Palin said.

About 7,000 people streamed into tiny Searchlight, a former mining town 60 miles south of Las Vegas, bringing American flags, "Don't Tread on Me" signs and outspoken anger toward Reid, President Barack Obama and the health care overhaul.

Palin told them the big-government, big-debt spending spree of the Senate majority leader, Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is over.

"You're fired!" Palin said.

A string of polls has shown Reid is vulnerable in politically moderate Nevada after pushing Obama's agenda in Congress. His standing has also been hurt by Nevada's double-digit unemployment and record foreclosure and bankruptcy rates.

The Searchlight native responded with sarcasm to the large crowd gathered in the hardscrabble town of about 1,000 he grew up in.

"I'm happy so many people came to see my hometown of Searchlight and spend their out-of-state money, especially in these tough economic times," Reid said Saturday in a statement released through his Senate campaign. "This election will be decided by Nevadans, not people from other states who parachuted in for one day to have a tea party."

Traffic on a highway leading into the town was backed up more than two miles Saturday afternoon as people gathered for the rally, which kicks off a 42-city bus tour that ends in Washington on April 15, tax day.

Cars and RVs filled the dusty area where the rally was held, as people set up lawn chairs and braced against the stiff wind whipping up dust clouds and blowing dozens of flags straight out.

The rally that's been called a conservative Woodstock takes place just days after the historic health care vote that ushered in near-universal medical coverage and divided Congress and the nation. The vote was followed by reports of threats and vandalism aimed at some Washington lawmakers, mostly Democrats who supported the new law.

Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, appeared after spending Friday and Saturday morning campaigning for Sen. John McCain, the Arizona Republican who led the 2008 ticket.

Now a Fox News analyst and potential 2012 presidential candidate, Palin faced criticism after posting a map on her Facebook page that had circles and cross hairs over 20 Democratic districts. She also sent a tweet saying, "Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!"

She said Saturday she wasn't inciting violence, just trying to inspire people to get involved.

"We're not going to sit down and shut up. Thank you for standing up," Palin said.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department sent dozens of uniformed and plainclothes officers to patrol the crowd. Officer Jay Rivera said there was a report of a fistfight in the morning, but when police responded, they found nothing. He said there had been no arrests.

"So far it's nice and peaceful," Rivera said.

The tea party movement is a far-flung coalition of conservative groups angered by Washington spending, rising taxes and the growth and reach of government. It takes its name from the Boston Tea Party in 1773, when colonists dumped tea off English ships to protest what they considered unfair taxation by the British crown.

"Some of you are registered Republicans. Some of you are ... what we used to call Reagan Democrats," Palin said. "And some of you are like so many of my friends and my family, including my own husband, just independent, not registered in any party. Just true, blue-blooded Americans."

Some people milling around at the rally wore old-fashioned costumes and carried drums, lending to a festival-like atmosphere. Organizers had said up to 10,000 people might come; around 1 p.m., police estimated the crowd was about 7,000.

Leonard Grimes, a 70-year-old retired logger, said the nation is drifting toward socialism, and he's not convinced Obama is eligible to be president.

"I'd like him to prove he's an American citizen," said Grimes, a registered independent who is originally from Michigan but now lives in Golden Valley, Ariz.

He called the health care bill "a joke, just another way to enslave the American public."

Ketha Verzani, 60, said she came to the rally from her home in Las Vegas "to stand with those who want to clean house."

The Republican opposes the health care bill and worries Americans are losing their rights, including parental rights and gun rights.

"It seems like every day more and more of our rights are being taken away," Verzani said, sporting a Palin 2012 button to show support for the former Alaska governor who "doesn't beat around the bush."

Reid supporters set up a hospitality tent Saturday in the parking lot of a Searchlight casino, about a mile from the tea party rally. The Senate leader planned to spend part of the day at a new shooting range in Las Vegas with National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre.

Luis Salvador, 55, an unemployed fire sprinkler fitter, drove down from Las Vegas to support Reid, who he said has done a lot for the state and doesn't deserve the protest brought to his hometown.

"You don't come to a man's house and start creating a ruckus," said Salvador, a registered independent. He and several others taped signs saying "Nevada Needs Harry Reid" to the side of a truck near the highway that runs through town.

Another Reid supporter, Judy Hill, 62, said she doesn't understand the hatred of Reid. The longtime Democrat from Searchlight, said she thinks people just don't know the man she calls a friend.

"They listen to the rhetoric. I think he's very misunderstood and under-appreciated," she said.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2...l#ixzz0jQ8Io1Ss

Big Time BS'er
McCain campaign gets Palin supportARIZONA SENATOR HAS TOUGH RE-ELECTION BATTLE WITH TEA PARTY OPPONENT

By The Associated Press 1 Comment Published: March 27, 2010

TUCSON, Ariz. — Sarah Palin lent her star power among fellow conservatives to former running mate John McCain in his tough Senate re-election campaign, telling a rally Friday that McCain pegged President Barack Obama right when he said the Democrat would swell the size of government.

MultimediaPhoto

view all photos McCain is facing the hardest election fight of his Senate career as he fends off a Republican primary challenge from the right. J.D. Hayworth, former congressman and conservative talk radio host, says McCain is too moderate for Arizona Republicans. Hayworth has tried to build support among conservative activists who identify with the tea party
One commie supporting the other against a true conservative. Hayworth has a 100% rating by the American Conservative Union.

Read more: http://newsok.com/mccain-campaign-gets-palin-support/article/3449497#ixzz0jQHlKzWm

Next time you watch a football game where a team is down by three touchdowns and has the ball in the last 30 seconds. They are seldom throwing Hail Marys. A better analogy is we are at war; capitalism versus socialism and some battles or lost but the war is not over. By election Tuesday the battle had been lost but the war against socialism must continue, That means not giving your vote to liberal, a man whose name is on the bill that was the greatest attack on free speech in 200 years, just because he has an R by his name.
I concur.

Just because you lose one game, doesn't mean that the season is over.

If the Republicans truly want to make a big push to regain the White House in 2012, they will have to cut their losses. Meaning, dropping and booting out those old RINOs masquerading as members of the "conservative" movement. Otherwise, we'll have another four years of the community organizer.

Progressive Killer
You have to draw the line in the sand somewhere, TJ. Somewhere, somehow, some way... you have to tell yourself that neither party is worth wasting my vote. Yet, I can't tell you how to vote. I can only tell you that there doesn't have to be a two party system, but it is continuous acceptance of centrist beliefs that give us mediocre politicians.
Well that 4,000 word book was interesting but it seemed to be designed to take us further off the path.

No, we do not "HAVE" to have a two party system but at least on the National scale, this is what we do have and I again mention my football example, the game is the game, trying to get mad at your team and run from the field to play a different game only gurantees defeat for the causes you claim to hold dear.

And this is on topic for Sarah Palin. Part of running off to play a different game than the one at hand is people take unreasonable shots at people like Sarah Palin.

You know, most successful politicians are sociopaths. That means that anyone with any integrity at all has small chance of winning and no chance for re-election.
What decent and moral person would want to run for office when even conservative minded people like you and hugo will rip them apart because they are not "pure" enough for you? We end up with mostly lawyers because they go to school to learn how to manipulate and lie with a straight face and let the mess slide off their backs, ignore the harsh public where even if your on their general side of beliefs, that is not good enough. If it was just one side attacking most decent people can take that, but when your being attacked on both sides, what good person would want that?

As far as the flames are concerned, I took considerable heat because I gave back what I got, I undetrstand now the mess only gets worse by feeding into the flames by giving it back, but at the same time I am not going to be a punching bag. Flames are not supposed to be a part of the forum anyway and yes I know, your staff so you can choose not to enforce the rule on yourself but in reality it is a very good rule. So being as I am not one to just be a punching bag, and this is a great rule even if it will not be enforced, I will simply point it out when it happens instead of joining in as I used to do.

My responding to flames made by other people was not wrong RO.

But it was garbage the rest of the forum got tired of seeing so even though I was not really wrong to respond in kind, I was still not being fair to my forum mates by adding to the mess. So, from now on when someone flames I will try to not respond with more flames but instead simply point them out instead. There really is no excuse for flames anyway.

Progressive Killer
You can't rewrite history now hugo, you gave up before the first vote was cast, you were slamming McCain and Palin from day one and your negative voice was part of why they did not win. There is more involved than just your state, there is the general mood created by groups of people like yourself who feed off of each other and cause a general opinion to shift.

You were exclaiming defeat long before the contest was started, you turned your back on the game being played and helped the other team.

McCain learned from his mistakes and would never have passed something like this healthcare bill, too many people were stuck on their anger to see that allowing someone like Obama into the Whitehouse was a huge mistake. Now we have this healthcare law and it is all because of the splintering of normally conservative voices who turned away from the only conservative minded person on the ticked out of spite and their assumptions of being beat before the contest ever began, oh and internal bickering, now that has ripped conservatives apart.

Progressive Killer
I don't pray much, but when I do it is for something big.

If McCain loses the race, there is a God. If Palin wakes up with her mouth sewn shut, my other prayers will be answered.
And there is another great example of how we are splintered to the point we are bickering about 'purity' instead of fighting against the real enemey.

McCain and Palin do not deserve to be ripped apart just because they are not the 'perfect' conservative. There is nothing wrong with wanting the other guy to win, but winning does not have to be about trying to rip the other guy apart either. When you take this kind of attitude and 'your guy' does not win, there will be so much built up animosity that you will refuse to support the guy who did win, and that can only help the other side.

That is how Obama won, and they can keep winning as long as we are being so nasty to each other.

No "I" in team.

And there is another great example of how we are splintered to the point we are bickering about 'purity' instead of fighting against the real enemey.

McCain and Palin do not deserve to be ripped apart just because they are not the 'perfect' conservative. There is nothing wrong with wanting the other guy to win, but winning does not have to be about trying to rip the other guy apart either. When you take this kind of attitude and 'your guy' does not win, there will be so much built up animosity that you will refuse to support the guy who did win, and that can only help the other side.

That is how Obama won, and they can keep winning as long as we are being so nasty to each other.

No "I" in team.
violin.jpg

... playing the world's saddest song just for McCain and Palin.

Ohhh.... no! It's perfectly fine for us to bash Obama and his administration, but when it comes to Republicans and particularly Palin and McCain it's "be fair" or "be decent".

Grow some thicker skin and get used to certain people getting slammed.

Progressive Killer
You can't paint every Republican with the Bush brush RO, by doing so and being incredibly ugly to anyone who does not fit your "perfection" requirement, you add to the reason why good people do not run for public office.

I am not saying you have to like anyone, just don't hate them, that kind of thing helps the liberals and adds to the splintering that keeps us bickering among ourselves and not paying attention to what they are doing.

If you really believe your making things better with this kind of vitriol, your wrong.

What decent and moral person would want to run for office when even conservative minded people like you and hugo will rip them apart because they are not "pure" enough for you? We end up with mostly lawyers because they go to school to learn how to manipulate and lie with a straight face and let the mess slide off their backs, ignore the harsh public where even if your on their general side of beliefs, that is not good enough. If it was just one side attacking most decent people can take that, but when your being attacked on both sides, what good person would want that?
Do I need to break out my world's smallest violin picture again?